Tuesday, October 7, 2008

J.P. at Cabela's on the loose with a moose!

J.P. traveled to Cabela's in the Mills Mall in St. Louis Mo. on September 27th, 2008, with my wife, Katie, and I (Darin Hicks).

J.P. loved the store, especially the mountain covered with animals. He was a little scared of the fighting black bears at first, but we reassured him that they had no interest in such a small dog. J.P. was quick to point out just how unusual it was to find such a variety of animals at a latitude of 38.787048000, and a longitude of -90.350156000.

At one point, J.P. (the explorer) decided to sneak off, and explore the mountain by himself. Thankfully, after a few tense minutes, J.P. was safely returned to me by an enormous moose! Apparently the moose saved J.P. from a pack of hungry gray wolves.



J.P. loved spending time in Cabela's, however, we decided that he'd had enough excitement for one day. So, we packed him back in the car, and headed home to complete our 326.2 mile trip. When we got back home (after a car ride of exciting stories about going to Birmingham Alabama, the Bible Museum in Petersburg Kentucky, and even watching the Redbirds play ball) J.P. and I discovered that he had now traveled a total of 2,318 miles! All through the night (while at my house) J.P. would ask where he was going to go next. I just told him that I didn't know, but I was sure he would love it!

No comments: